Cleaning Coins & Artefacts
Cleaning Coins & Artefacts by David Villanueva. Soft back, 110 pages, illustrated Colour, 14.5cm x 21cm.
Cleaning Coins & Artefacts by David Villanueva sets out to show you what you can safely do to clean & preserve metal detector finds. Whilst recognising that finds of significant monetary or historical value are best left to experts there is much that can be done to preserve, conserve and display your finds.
- About the author Introduction In the field
- Map reading
- Safe storage
- Identification and assessment
- Introduction to cleaning finds
- Mechanical cleaning
- Chemical cleaning and conservation
- Repair, restoration and replication
- Photographing your finds
- Storage and display
- The treasure act
- Bibliography and supplier.