Medieval English Groats by Ivan Buck
Medieval English Groats by Ivan Buck. Soft back, 66 pages, Illustrated Colour, 21cm x 29.5cm
Medieval English Groats by Ivan Buck.
Soft back, 66 pages, Illustrated Colour, 21cm x 29.5cm
A well-illustrated book in colour by a dedicated collector and specialist dealer in these large and attractive medieval hammered English coins.
Medieval English Groats contents:
- Edward I - Edward III
- Richard II - Henry V
- Henry VI
- Henry VI - Die sinkers errors
- Edward IV - The first reign heavy coinage
- Edward IV - First reign light coinage
- Edward IV - Provincial mints
- Edward IV - Second reign (1471-1483)
- Edward V (9 April-26 June 1483)
- Richard III (1483-1485)
- Henry VII (1485-1509) The house of Tudor
- Henry VIII (1509-1547)
- Mules and Muling
From the introduction :
"This book is about the love of coins, particularly groats, and the points to watch out for if the reader wishes to build a substantial and interesting collection. If value is a prime consideration for the collector concerned, then there are more suitable priced catalogues available for this purpose".